Non-compliance, unless otherwise noted within the rule or deemed an exception, will result in the following:
1. Veggie Soul: The Urban Farmers’ Market requires all producers to purchase and provide Liability Insurance. Applicant must submit a copy of their insurance policy upon acceptance to the market.
2. Market hours of operation are the 3rd Saturday of every month from 9am – 5pm. Producers should arrive by 7am to set up and be completely set up by 8:45a.
3. Producers are responsible for furnishing their own tables, chairs, tent, cashbox and change.
4. If a participant requires electricity, they must provide their own generator.
5. Producers are responsible for cleaning their booth space, which includes removing trash at the end of each market. Veggie Soul will do a final room sweep after all Producers have finished their cleanup process. Producers who do not clean up their space may be assessed a fee as penalty.
6. Sampling is encouraged in small amounts (less than 1oz) and peaceful. Prepared food Producers and Producers offering food samples must provide a trashcan within space.
7. All participants are expected to conduct themselves professionally. Conduct deemed inappropriate will result in administrative action including possible ejection or barring Producer from selling at the market.
8. Smoking is prohibited by all market Producers/participants, within their booth and on the market premises.
9. The sale of live animals or posting of pets/animals for sale is not allowed on market premises.
10. Producers are prohibited from leaving children at their space unsupervised.
1. Producers are individually responsible for conforming to all city, state, and federal laws, including the securing of any licenses required in connection with the operation of their market space. Copies of licenses and certificates should be provided to Veggie Soul management.
2. Producers selling non-consumable items are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax on their own.
3. Each producer must prominently display a sign clearly identifying their legal name, farm and/or business by name.
4. Each producer must display prices in a clear and prominent place.
5. Producer complaints or concerns should be directed to Veggie Soul management in a timely manner. Customer compliments and complaints will be forwarded to producers and kept on file. Complaints may result in further inquiry or disciplinary action, including barring producer from selling at Veggie Soul: The Urban Farmers’ Market temporarily or permanently, devoid of written or verbal warning or fines. Producers may send complaints via email to email@example.com. The Veggie Soul manager will then document the situation and send the information to the Advisory Board for further guidance. If a producer has a compliment or complaint concerning the Market Manager, they can contact the Advisory Board directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Producers, their staff, and all participants are expected to uphold professionalism, know the requirements & expectations, and respect the integrity of Veggie Soul by adhering to the regulations outlined on this site. Producers are responsible for making sure that all persons working at their booth know and adhere to all Veggie Soul Rules and Guidelines.
1. All products labeled organic or verbally designated as being organic, must be third-party certified according to USDA standards by a recognized organic certifying agency. Certification letters must be available at the producers stand. For products labeled as containing organic ingredients or verbally designated as containing organic ingredients, the primary producer of the ingredient must be disclosed upon request.
2. Prior to commencing sales and throughout the market hours prices for all items must be visibly posted.
3. Value-added edible items (e.g. jams, sauces, baked-goods) must be produced from scratch ingredients by producers on their farms/homes or in a licensed facility according to state and federal regulations.
4. All packaged items (wrapped, bottled, or canned) must be labeled with the producer’s name, address, complete list of ingredients, and net weight.
Scales must be inspected and sealed by the Ohio Department of Consumer Affairs, please contact the Montgomery County Office of Weights & Measures for additional regulations.
1. Producer spaces will be assigned by Veggie Soul.
2. Attendance by all scheduled Producers is vital to all market dates and marketing efforts. Producers not able to attend a scheduled market date are required to notify Veggie Soul as soon as possible. Repeated absences will result in loss of space. Unforeseen emergencies will be taken into consideration on a case-by-case basis.
3. Veggie Soul: The Urban Farmers’ Market closes at 3PM. Producers who have sold out of product before 3pm may not begin tearing down before the end of Market, unless there is approval to do so based on the discretion of Veggie Soul.
4. Veggie Soul: The Urban Farmers’ Market may conduct farm and producer inspections throughout the market season. Inspections will take place at a scheduled time between the producer and Veggie Soul Management. Refusal of being inspected is grounds for immediate cancellation of participation in the Veggie Soul.
5. Producer agrees to anonymously report estimated sales at the end of each market day. The Producer should write an amount on a sales slip and leave it at the Information booth.
Market staff is available for assistance at the VEGGIE SOUL Information booth.